Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Charity Quilt Day

Yesterday was another Charity Quilt Day at Jackie's. (You can read about the previous one here http://thequiltingviolinist.blogspot.com/2010/08/charity-quilt-day-at-jackies.html )  We wanted to get one more of these day-long quilting sessions in before the orchestra members in the group go back to work (or perhaps I should say, HOPEFULLY go back to work.  But that's a post for another day.)  It was, as usual, a fun and productive day.





There's a big stack of quilt tops waiting to be completed.






 This was already taped to the floor when I arrived, all ready to be pin basted.  Jackie likes to have a hand applique project going at all times.  Those beautiful hearts were leftovers from a project of hers.









I had pieced these house blocks years ago and then never did anything with them.  So I donated them to the cause.  This top is still waiting to be basted and quilted (maybe next time!)







Here's a cutie with an applique left over from another project.  And yes, there was intense discussion of the political affiliation of this particular elephant (he's definitely an Independent).


And I got something to take home:  a big pile of selvages!  Jackie and Kathie had saved some for me.  Thanks ladies!






And I know this is the moment you've all been waiting for (you'll have to trust me on this one, it was worth the wait).  Today's cake was pumpkin spice, with chopped walnuts in between the layers and cream cheese frosting.   We quilters must keep our strength up, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment