Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Pink and The Purple

I have a fun custom order in the works that I'm going to get started on now that the Holiday Madness is nearly over.  (One more church service Christmas Eve, and then I'm off for 2 weeks--hooray!)

A food vendor at the Seminole Heights Market asked me to make her 2 baby quilts-- she's having twins in the spring!  Her "official" due date is early April but of course likely to be earlier.  I told her I would get started on the quilts as soon as possible AFTER all the Holiday Hoopla was over.  Today seemed like a good day to start pulling fabrics.

One quilt will be pink.  It was fun to pull these cuties out of my stash.













The other quilt will be purple, and she GAVE me all of these purple fabrics, and told me I could keep the leftovers.  Wow!










Her fabrics are a good starting point but a little dark on their own, especially for a baby quilt.  I pulled a few lighter ones from my stash to brighten things up a little.

This is going to be a fun project!

No comments:

Post a Comment