Saturday, February 19, 2011

A New Table Runner

I've had a busy week with That Other Job (you know, the one where I sit on stage and hold that wooden thing with strings all day) but I have had time for small quilting projects.

I did get out those vintage blocks and started messing around with some of the black and lavender ones.  I ended up with a table runner.

I paired the vintage blocks with a pansy calico, just a very simple design.

You might recall that the vintage blocks were hand sewn, with a rather casual approach to things like seam allowance and stitch length.  That's what made them so fun.  But these squared up to 6 1/2 inches pretty easily.




  A little free-motion stipple for quilting.











And a flower garden on the borders and back.

It's great timing for something flowery like this:  Spring has arrived in Florida!


http://www.etsy.com/listing/68424308/pansy-paradise-table-runner

1 comment:

  1. I like your colour choices...How fun (and hard work I'm sure) to be a musician of your kind...

    ReplyDelete