Friday, March 4, 2011

More Half-Square Triangles

I have found myself still obsessed  thinking about half-square triangles.

 This quilt was so much fun to make.  But as you recall, it required a new adjective to describe it:
Piecey.  As in 364 pieces, which is an awful lot of pieces for one lap size quilt.


You'll recall that I made the triangles with the 4 1/2" Accuquilt die.




Luckily, a lot of the dies are available in multiple sizes.  So I bought the 6 1/2" die.










 Shopped my Stash for a selection of fabrics in grass green, raspberry, a few touches of gold and brown










Drafted a pattern for a Pinwheel quilt.  As you can see, I have a very high-tech approach to making quilt patterns.









Sorry for the dark picture-- I don't have a design wall, I have a design living room rug, and it was a little dark when I laid out the blocks.

But you get the idea.  No sashing between the blocks, and no borders, just a collision of color.  Each pinwheel block is 8 pieces, and there are 20 blocks total.  160 pieces went together a lot faster than the zig zag quilt!

My goal is to finish this in time for the next Sunday Morning Market which is a week from this Sunday. And I have a few small projects to finish for that event as well.  AND I have a full week of orchestra work coming up.  Well.  Guess I need to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment