Wednesday, October 5, 2011

For the Babies

I've made 2 baby quilts in the past couple of weeks, the first baby quilts I've done in a while.

Friends of my husband are expecting a baby REALLY SOON, like less than a month away.  And it's a first child, so really it could come any time.  So this is a quick baby girl quilt for them.








It's just 3 panels of the butterfly fabric, sashed with the yellow and then the dark pink on the border.











And one of those, "Oops, I'm a little short on backing fabric" productions on the back.  I cut it in half, put in a leftover piece of the yellow fabric, oops, I was STILL a little too short, cut it in half again, inserted a piece of butterfly fabric, and voila. Whew!  Maybe I need to start doing a better job of measuring these things to begin with.







And this one, now for sale in my Etsy store.  There were a lot of pregnant women at the Hyde Park Market this past weekend, making me think that I should have a baby boy quilt on hand.







That car fabric sure is cute!



No big adventures with the back of this one-- the quilt is only 34" square, so this yard of green cloud fabric fit easily on the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment