Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Final Push

December is going to be a big, big month for me, and it's coming up fast!

On Dec. 3rd I'm doing Something Completely Different for me.



Holizaar Four is an intimate, indoor fine art and craft show at a studio space in downtown St. Petersburg.  It will be A First for me in so many ways:  my first indoor event, my first All Handmade show, my first appearance outside of Tampa, and perhaps, most importantly, my first Vegetable Free Event.  The list of vendors  shows an eclectic mix of fine art, jewelry, pottery and all sorts of interesting things.  So it's going to be a really nice show, and hopefully really fun as well.
It will be a challenge to display my quilts without my tent!  I'm being provided with an 8 foot table at the show.  My plan is to put one of my 4 foot tables on top of one end of the longer table, and drape the quilts over that.  That will leave 4 feet for smaller items
I have a small tabletop size Christmas tree that will have lots of selvage ornaments on it.











I'm going to bring these closet shelving units with me for placemats and smaller items.  I have 2 sets of these.










Household Essentials 5009 Collapsible Indoor Tripod-Style Clothes Dryer

I also bought one of these "tripod" style hanging racks for table runners, selvage bath mats and maybe even baby quilts.  It's a handy little thing that folds up to practically nothing for easy storage.  

Well, I'll prepare my display as well as I can but I think I'm just going to have to do a certain amount of improvising once I get there.

In the meantime I've been trying to prepare merchandise for not only this event but my regular markets on Dec. 4 and 11.  I've been working for several months on holiday merchandise.
  Selvage stockings, also available in my Etsy shop.












 These larger stockings are fully lined and have batting.











Market customers are absolutely pet crazy




At last Sunday's market I was only a few booths away from the chicken coop vendor-- you can buy a complete chicken coop, complete with chicks right at the market!  I didn't think our neighborhood was zoned for farm animals, but I guess you never know.  So someone might want a chicken stocking to go with their new chicken coop.

Today I also finished 5 new Office Lunch Sets.  They've been a popular item for gifts.
Also a recent Big Hit:
The Selvage Scarf

  You'll recall that this is going to be featured on the cover of Stitch magazine.  OK.  Not really.  But a girl can dream, right?  Anyway, this item is currently completely sold out, from both my market merchandise and my Etsy shop.  So making SEVERAL of these is on this weeks to-do list. 
PLUS:  isn't there some sort of holiday next week?  One that requires cooking, baking, house cleaning?










1 comment:

  1. Your stockings are adorable!! (I always laugh when I look through your photos and spot fabrics I have in my stash).

    Good luck at your show - I'm sure you'll be a hit. I'll spread the word!

    ReplyDelete