Friday, March 16, 2012

Book Review

I've had to keep busy the last few days, or else I'm going to get in trouble for stalking our mail carrier, waiting for the arrival of The World Quilt (see this post from earlier in the week).

I did take a few minutes to look at my newly-arrived copy of Modern Blocks.


I'm getting in the mood for a "piecey" sort of project, and this book provided a lot of inspiration.
A few of my favorites:



Most of the blocks aren't complicated at all, but there are a few notable exceptions:

 Should I have an urge to do an insane amount of applique, this would be a good block to start with.












That's for a  single 12" block!












I was particularly intrigued by this one

A row of a few of those would make a great table runner!












I think this one is my favorite.

Notice how the rectangles at the bottom are offset, making a neat design.  This would make an awesome baby quilt.


My one complaint about this book is that there aren't any pictures of completed quilts made out of these blocks, so you have to use your imagination as to what a whole quilt would look like.  But I intend to make my own and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment