Monday, April 16, 2012

I Love Leftovers

I've often thought that the most creative and challenging aspect of quilting isn't necessarily the quilt itself, but what to do with all of the the fun little pieces that are left over when you're done.

This quilt, which I completed last week ( see this post for more details) left me with a nice little pile of strips just begging to be put into something fun.

And if you've ever bought any Kaffe Fassett fabric, you know that it's premium fabric at a premium price.  There was no way I was going to throw any of it away!






   The colored strips were already made from when I made the quilt.  I just paired them with the white fabric for this fun, bright and modern table runner.












All of the pieces are 2 1/2" wide.












You can just make out in the picture that the white fabric is a tone on tone polka dot.

This was easy, fast and fun-- the perfect way to use up leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment