Sunday, May 27, 2012

On My Design Floor

The custom table runner that I finished this week (see this post) left me with an intriguing pile of leftovers.  I had purchased the entire collection of Joel Dewberry Heirloom in quarter yards for that project, but used only a couple of slices from each piece.


Those of you with EQ7 might recognize this pattern:  it's #18 from the "Irregular Grids" pattern collection.  I've been wanting to make one of these ever since I got EQ7, and this seemed like an ideal opportunity.


  I filled in the design with just a few fabrics from my own collection:  the deep orange swirl at the bottom left and the blue-ish green-ish one next to it.  I've had that fabric FOREVER and now I know why:  it's not blue, and it's not green, and therefore has never coordinated with anything before.  But it works here, and I think the darker tone adds depth and interest to the whole collection.





The Memorial Day forecast for Tampa is for hot and rainy conditions, perfect sewing weather!  Have a wonderful holiday whatever your plans are!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. I really like the look of that collection. I have EQ7, but am unfamiliar with the #18 from the Irregular Grids collection. Is that something built into the program? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a peaceful and thankful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combination and the layout. What is the finished size of this quilt? Looking forward to see the finished top.
    About the EQ7, is that for design purposes? I don't have one and was wondering was else does this software offer besides designing layout?
    Happy Sewing, Linda!

    ReplyDelete