Thursday, August 23, 2012

Adventures in Quilting

Well, as I hinted at in my last post, I recently purchased a HandiQuilter Sweet Sixteen Quilting Machine.  I've spent the last couple of days getting acquainted with it!  ( If you're unfamiliar with this machine, here's a video about it.)

I bought it from the nearest HQ dealer, Heartfelt Quilting in Lakeland.  They could not have been nicer, or more accommodating, so a big thank you to them!

They have a floor model to test drive at the store, but they don't keep the machines in stock.  To purchase one, they order it from HQ in Salt Lake City, and it gets delivered to your house.

It arrived Tuesday in 2 enormous and very heavy boxes.  One held the table, the other the actual machine.

A third, shoe-box size box held the bobbin winder.








 We decided the best place to put it is upstairs in our bedroom, where my other sewing machine is.  That way, my work space is most efficiently arranged, as opposed to having things spread all over the house.

This corner had to be rearranged.  The TV (at the top of the picture) is now mounted on the wall.  The armoire was emptied and moved to my son's room.


(Nemo moved also)





And there it is!

Setup was quick and easy, thanks largely in part to my son carrying those big boxes upstairs.  This is basically a long arm setup without the frame-- set the table up, put the machine on, attach a few parts and that's it.






Stay tuned for more Quilting Adventures with the HQ Sweet Sixteen!




No comments:

Post a Comment