Friday, September 21, 2012

Basting, and a Recipe


   


My basting floor has been busy lately.












Last week, Robbie from my quilt guild brought over a quilt top for us to pin.


It's a big quilt, about 96 x 105".

It's for her mom's king size bed.










Robbie said her mom has Very Conservative Taste, so this 3 fabric, rail fence quilt will be quite the Walk on the Wild Side for her.

I think it's beautiful and I'm sure she's going to love it!  Nice job Robbie!







Another large quilt arrived last night.



This is all you get for now.

Jackie's niece is getting married in November, and we basted her wedding quilt last night.  TRUST ME, it's a beauty.  But it's also a surprise.  So I'll post more ( and better!) pictures of it after the wedding.











As long as we were on the floor last night, we also basted a charity quilt.




Well, I don't know about all of you, but I find that crawling around on a tile floor for a couple of hours works up an appetite!  The dessert I made last night was a big hit, and couldn't be easier, so here's the recipe:

Frosty Orange Pie

1(8 oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 (8 oz.) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 tsp. orange extract (optional, but good.  Look for it in the spice aisle at the market)
1 (9") graham cracker crust

Beat cream cheese and sweetened condense milk until smooth.  Beat in orange juice concentrate and orange extract. Fold in whipped topping.  Pour into crust and freeze.  I freeze mine uncovered, then cover the pie with foil once it's frozen.
yum!











No comments:

Post a Comment