Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First Day of School

Well, not really school.  After a long summer break, The Florida Orchestra started rehearsals today for this weekends season-opening concerts (more information here).

I usually lead up to the season with a lot of violin practicing at home, of course, and a predictable slew of anxiety-related dreams.  Last night I dreamed that I was walking on stage for a performance, and suddenly realized that I had forgotten to practice the piece I was about to perform AND I had lost the music for the rest of the performance.  I've been playing violin since I was 4, and can tell you:  performance anxiety never leaves you.  For the record:  in real life I'm a focused and calm performer.  I guess I get all the angst out elsewhere!

There was a surprise in the Tampa Bay Times last Sunday:



A big article about the orchestra's search for a music director.  We'll be seeing 12 different conductors this season who will be auditioning for the job.  (Click here for the article)

The article was NOT the surprise.






But that picture sure was a surprise!

It's the first time in 25 years that I've been in an orchestra picture that WASN'T a posed "whole orchestra" shot.

Well.   I am a Very Serious Violin Player.






In retrospect, perhaps it's true that Some Things Never Change.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that is so cute! You've been a violinist for a while I see. Great photos.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete