Monday, October 22, 2012

Odds and Ends

I started a new holiday table runner and placemat set today.



I went into Joann's on Sunday with the intention of buying muslin and thread.  I ended up buying this fabric too, just because I thought it was really unique!

Grey, mustard yellow, tan and white.  As a holiday fabric.  Who would have thought?  But I just love it.











 There are touches of gold in it as well, so gold thread seemed a natural choice for the quilting.  I also used one of my favorite quilting styles, what I call a "straight line stipple".  It's a meandering stitch, but with straight lines instead of curves.  On small items like this, I do it with the walking foot.

It can also be done as a free motion stitch on large things, which also works well (and you don't have to keep turning your project).



 I bought one yard of fabric, which was enough for a table runner and 4 placemats.

Sorry, the color is really off in this picture.  But you get the idea.








It was great to have a little sewing time today!












In other news:  ANOTHER CONTINENT CONQUERED

I had my first sale to South America yesterday!

 Brazil Map

Quilted Table Runner Blue Yellow Shabby Chic 

Marilia from Brasilia, Brazil bought this "shabby chic" style table runner.  Thank you Marilia, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment