Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Catching Up

Today's sewing:

I finished these Christmas placemats, which I had started last week.

The squares at the bottom are from a charm pack of Moda's "Ready Set Snow" collection.








They're made from a strip of 4 squares, a strip of green attached to the top, and wide rick rack covering the seam.

The holiday items in my Etsy store have been selling pretty steadily for the past few weeks.

It sort of feels like we bypassed Autumn Decor this year!




Also on the agenda today:  another hot seller at the markets I've been doing.

These eyeglass cases, a new item this season, have been a great seller.  It's one of those things everyone needs.  I'm thrilled that they're doing so well, because it's a product that I can produce quickly and easily in bulk numbers, and they use up scraps of fabric and batting.  What more could you ask for?





My new motto:  Don't Sew When You Can Hot Glue.
The yo-yo's will look better and stay on more securely if they're glued on to the eyeglass case.









Alas, the snaps will have to be hand sewn.  I'll probably do that while watching election returns tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment