Monday, December 17, 2012

Better Get Busy

First I was sick for a week, then I was Recovering From Being Sick for a week (last week), then--

Holy Cow!  Christmas is next week!  Better get busy.  I'm off from work today and tomorrow, then it's a race to the finish line, with a Coffee concert, Holiday Pops concert, and 2 church services Christmas Eve.  So that adds up to 4 rehearsals, 4 orchestra performances, and 2 church services between Wednesday morning and about 1:00 a.m. Christmas morning (one of those church services is Midnight Mass).  Well, "tis the season", as the saying goes.

So there's a lot to do in the next few days.

  How about some cookies?












These ambrosia macaroons (recipe here) are my favorites.  They'll get a dollop of melted chocolate on top after they cool.

I'm also planning to make peanut butter kisses (the kind with chocolate kisses on top)

Homemade cookies make nice gifts for my colleagues at work.






Our tree is up but needs to be decorated.



There's a stack of gifts to be wrapped, although I think all of my shopping is done.













And one last thing:

hug my son extra hard, as often as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment