Sunday, June 16, 2013

Look Up

No, not at the ceiling.

Look up to the top of this page, just above the date on the upper right side.



It's my own website!

I've owned the domain name www.thequiltingviolinist.com  since I started my business in 2010.  It's not required for Etsy sellers but honestly-- I think it's a good idea to have it, and it's easy to do:  just go to www.GoDaddy.com for all the information you'll need on purchasing a domain name.  It's not expensive, either.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to finally put that domain name to good use, so I went to Weebly.com to set up the site.  They make it easy for techno-phobes such as myself to build a simple site, plus I had a little help from my 17 year old son  In House Tech Support.  For now, there's no shopping cart on the site-- the "shop" link just connects to my Etsy store.

The site provides a way to showcase past sold items, and to encourage custom orders (that's what I'm hoping for, anyway!)

See you in Cyberspace!

No comments:

Post a Comment