Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Off to the Vermont Quilt Fest!

It's vacation time, and this year it is extra exciting.

VQF Banner

I leave tomorrow!

It will be a solo vacation for me this year.  My husband has just started a new job, and needs to be present there for the next few months.  And my son is now 17, and is spending the summer at home, working.  So after many years of summer trips with my family, I will be getting on a plane by myself, for the first time since 1998!

The VQF has a wonderful selection of classes that are being offered this year.  I'm registered for this one:


216 - Fancy Feathers for Free Motion Quilting- $70.00 
Teacher: Sue Nickels - Intermediate
Class Full

Day: Fri June 28 Time: 8:30am-11:30am & 12:30pm-3:30pm
"Learn the techniques to free motion quilt beautiful feather designs. The feather is the ideal design for free motion quilting and is easier than you think. Practice first the techniques used to achieve beautiful, consistent and smooth stitches. Then work on your own fancy feather project! Sue will bring a variety of tops marked and ready for quilting. Sue's new book (expected release in 2013) covers the details used to create these beautiful whole cloth style projects. Bernina machines provided for each student courtesy of Gloversville Sewing Center, Gloversville, NY. Material/Kit fee $5 to be paid to instructor on day of class." I-MS-TT 

I'm so thrilled to be taking this class.  I'm entirely self-taught on free-motion quilting, and while I'm doing okay with the basics I'd love to stretch my skills a little!  And I have found that local quilt shops offer little instruction on free-motion beyond the basics.  So this class seemed like a wonderful opportunity.  And everything we learn in class on those Berninas will transfer just fine to my Sweet 16 when I get home.

Also, there will be lectures, exhibits, vendors, lots of stuff.  (Click here for more information)  It's going to be a blast!  I'm bringing my camera, so stay tuned for lots of pictures when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment