Sunday, August 4, 2013

Coffee Talk

For the markets and craft shows that I do throughout the year, the best sellers are what I call The Little Things.

tissue covers
ID lanyards
selvage ornaments
eyeglass case
  All of these items are priced at $10 (for the eyeglass case) or less, which seems to be an Important Retail Threshold-- the price that generates impulse, or non-planned, purchases.  They're also everyday items elevated into something special-- if you have to wear an ID badge at work, why not hang it on a pretty lanyard?  And lastly, they're things that I can produce quickly that help me use up scraps of fabric and batting, and let me offer a wide range of pricing.

Here's a new Little Thing that I will be introducing this season:

Every live event that I've done there's been a coffee vendor, with customers toting around their cups and those ugly cardboard sleeves.  This cup cozy looks much better!








There are a lot of tutorials available.  I used Jeni's (here), which includes a handy printable template.











  All you'll need to make these, besides fabric and batting, are hair elastics and buttons.












They'll be making their debut next month at this big event!






No comments:

Post a Comment