Thursday, September 12, 2013

The End is Near

No, I don't have advance information about any Apocalypse, or Armageddon.

I'm referring to the end of my long, long summer break.  Orchestra work starts up for me again in just 2 weeks:


First will be "Romeo and Juliet" with St. Pete Opera Company







Then the Florida Orchestra season begins right after that with Beethoven's 9th Symphony.  That's starting the season off with a bang!

So I'm trying to get as many projects completed as possible, and get ready for the upcoming market and craft show season.

In the works today:


Two selvage bath mats are in progress.  I put my Old Lady feet in the picture so you get an idea of sizes.

I also started a new Autumn Leaves table runner.  The appliques are made from the "Fall Medley" Accuquilt Go die (one of my favorites!)
And just listed in my Etsy store:  2 new table runners

This one in Yummy Blue
This fabric is "Brassica" by Kaffe Fassett.  That's some gorgeous cabbage!

UPDATE:  I recently mentioned in this post that I had bought extra wide (108") backing fabric for a quilt, and I advised always pre-washing those fabrics due to possible dramatic shrinkage.  My blog friend Dar was kind enough to leave a comment on that subject:

So glad you mentioned about the washing of backing fabric BEFORE quilting it. I recently had a 120" wide muslin shrink 11 inches in the width. It created a big problem because the top was 117".

Yikes!  Thanks for the comment Dar, and let's hope we all remember to prewash from now on!





   

No comments:

Post a Comment