Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Feast or Famine

I knew this was going to happen.

After a long and leisurely summer, what happens as soon as I go back to work?

Custom orders!

A customer has ordered 2 large selvage bath mats in this "bullseye" pattern.

These will be backed with gray towels as she requested.









And a custom T shirt quilt order from my friend Jessica, who had this quilt made last year.
I'm always pleased to have repeat business, but this shirt collection has a sad story attached to it-- the shirts belonged to her dad, who died just a couple of weeks ago at the rather young age of 67.  The quilt will be a Christmas gift for her mom.
There's my Production Assistant in the picture, mulling over how we're going to make a great quilt out of a rather unspectacular shirt collection.   Don't worry Nemo!  We'll figure it out!



Lastly, I'm working on another Autumn Table Runner for my Etsy store.  This isn't a custom order, I just make new ones to replace the ones that sell.










The leaves are done as fusible applique with a narrow zig zag stitch around the edges.











Incredibly, it's already October!

No comments:

Post a Comment