Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Recent Finishes

I've been juggling work and quilting, a combination of activities that is definitely keeping me busy.

The new baby girl quilt finished up quickly!












As I often do with baby quilts, this one has a "hippie baby" theme with some fun peace sign fabrics in the mix as well as florals, polka dots, and other assorted prints.









The white on pink daisy fabric on the outer border is also on the back.

It's now listed in my Etsy store (here)











Also, a new set of Christmas placemats.










I like the nostalgic and whimsical quality to this print.

And maybe it's just me, but I do think that you can get a longer season of use out of a more subtle holiday print like this one, as opposed to a more aggressively colored holiday print.  (Although I like those bright prints, too!)






I'm pretty surprised that I got this much accomplished this past week, since it was a challenging week at work:

I had to play this
 "Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Richard Strauss.  You might also know it as the theme from the 1969 movie "2001 A Space Odyssey".   Challenging to be sure, but it went well and was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment