Monday, March 24, 2014

It's Autumn Somewhere

I completed a fun custom order just before I moved (see this post) that I wanted to share with you now that the worst of the moving chaos has subsided.

A customer contacted me through my Etsy store about making some scrappy table fashions in autumn colors, as she starts decorating for the season in April.

I was scratching my head in confusion when I remembered:  it's a World Wide Web, and Etsy is an international site.  Her request was completely reasonable considering that she lives in Australia!




She requested 2 patchwork table runners, a set of 4 placemats, and a set of 4 coasters.  The first table runner is pictured above.

I put a narrow border around the second table runner, just for contrast.


All of these items were randomly pieced, then trimmed to the size the customer requested.








In order to have some sense of these placemats actually belonging together as a set, all 4 of them received a piece of the tree fabric and the brown and green paisley as side borders.







They don't match each other but are clearly a set.  I was really pleased with these (might have to make a set for myself!)
 Lastly, a set of coasters.  They're about 6" square.

This was a really fun project, and I enjoyed digging through my scrap bins for bits and pieces of pretty fall colors!

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I'm sure your customer will be very happy with them.

    ReplyDelete