Saturday, April 18, 2015

Basting, and meditation

My friend Christine brought over a new quilt top for me to complete.

You'll recall that she likes constructing quilt tops but doesn't enjoy the actual quilting process.  And her experiences with commercial long arm quilters has been somewhat less than satisfactory.

I think she likes how I finish her quilts because they still look homemade at the end of the quilting process, since I quilt them either on my sewing machine (for straight line designs) or on the Sweet 16 (for free-motion designs).

She brought a twin-size scrap quilt that she made for her husband:

ready for basting


That black and white design in the middle really makes it interesting.












I think I definitely want to quilt it so that black and white portion "pops" but HOW that is going to happen is still up in the air.  Further meditation (and maybe some inspiration on Pinterest) is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment