Thursday, April 25, 2019

Make a Run for it

My latest custom quilt came to me in the best way-- as a referral from a friend of the Kimono Quilt customer.  Even in the digital age, word-of-mouth advertising still works!

This was a straightforward Tshirt quilt made from a shirt collection accumulated over many years of participation in road races.  What we ended up doing was selecting the favorite shirts for this lap size quilt, with many left over for a possible future project.


Just for fun, I did an off-set setting of the rows, which I haven't tried before but I really like it!


This pic shows the background fabric:  Contempo Abstract Garden from Benartex (more information about it here).  It's a cool, slightly retro look and appropriate for this man's quilt. A coordinating print from the same collection is in between the rows.


A teal polka dot is on the back, and a coordinating green fabric was used for the binding.


Some of these shirts are quite historic!


A few more details:  size is 55 x 65".  Batting is Thermore, which is really lightweight and doesn't shrink when washed.  Quilting is an overall stipple pattern, with a little straight line quilting towards the outer edge just for stablilization.

This blog space is being used for details of my custom orders. For more of my regular ramblings, show information and other fun, please join me on Instagram  and Facebook!

1 comment: