Sunday, September 18, 2011

My first custom order!

A few months ago, I put a note on the listings for the selvage bath mats in my Etsy store that they are available for custom order if someone wants a different size.

One person asked about an 8 x 10.  As in 8 x 10 FEET.  Good heavens.  That would be a formidable project.  Also formidable in price (they're 14 cents per square inch, you do the math on an 8 x 10 project and you'll see what I mean.)  I haven't heard back from that customer, I assume they're spending their money on something more sensible, like their mortgage.

But some people are far more sensible.   Like Gina from Virginia, who asked if I could make one in a 24" square.

  This was super easy to figure out, even for a Mathematically Challenged Musician such as myself (I'm living proof that the notion that musicians are automatically gifted at math is TOTALLY FALSE).  It's just 3 rows of 8" finished squares.

Gina said it's for her kid's bathroom.  I hope they like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment