Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sewing Time

What a relief it's been to have time to sew, and breathe.  I was driving home from my Christmas Eve job at about 1 a.m. Christmas morning, and I just kept exhaling.  Yes.  Made it to the Finish Line.

It's been blissfully quiet around here since Christmas, and I've enjoyed some uninterrupted sewing time.

I had done a set of these placemats right before Christmas with a green border, which looked nice.  After those sold at a market, I went back to the fabric store for more of the center fabric ("Summer Totem" from Loulouthi by Anna Maria Horner) and thought the orangey-red fabric looked even better for the borders.







A new applique table runner.












This is the last piece of this fabric ("Chrsanthemum" by Philip Jacobs) but I ordered a bunch more of this style print to do additional table runners like this one.  It's super easy-- just a quilted rectangle-- but they have big impact with these dramatic, large-scale prints, and customers seem to really like them.

Complete listings for these new items can be found in my Etsy shop.





  And a new quilt top!  You'll recall from my last post (here) that I had gifted myself with yardage of "Gallery Fiori" fabric, which I had been lusting after for months.

Plus, I knew I wanted to make this quilt from it.  The pattern is dramatic, modern and (most importantly) really easy.





The Gallery Fiori collection is a little bit medium toned, so this white and pale blue floral from my own stash as the "windows" helps to brighten it up a little.  And the orange flower centers are perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment