Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Inspiration




Kym from Fabric Fascination was kind enough to feature my Selvage Bath Mat in her blog post today!

You can find the post here.  The bath mat is part of a nice collection of summer inspired items.

 Naturally, I think the Selvage Bath Mat looks great year round, not just in the summer.  But that's just my opinion, of course.


On her blog is also an interesting collection of "Fun and Free Tutes" with some really nice items to make!  And her fabric store on Etsy has a lovely selection of the latest fabrics. (Check it out here).

Thanks for the feature Kym!


In other news:

I've been plowing through the blocks of my Scrappy Trip Along quilt.  You'll recall that this is a custom order being constructed out of men's striped shirts, plus my own fabrics.

46 blocks completed, 24 to go!  It's going to be a generously sized queen size quilt, with 8 rows across, 9 rows down.  The blocks have a finished size of approximately 12".




Under the needle this morning:


The Design Opportunity Quilt.

(I'm eventually going to have to think of another name for this!)









The panels with the print fabrics are already pretty busy looking, so a few days ago they received a simple wavy quilting line, done on my sewing machine with the walking foot.








  The solid green panels seemed to want something just a little more elaborate, so I did kind of a looping vine on the Sweet 16. I think it echoes the vertical pattern of the print fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment