Thursday, July 31, 2014

Do-Over from Down Under



I think this is the biggest mess I've made in my sewing room since I moved last March.


It's for a good cause, though.







this runner lives in Australia now

Just before I moved I had processed a fun custom order for an Etsy customer in Australia.

She liked the look of some of my random pieced
projects and asked me to make some table fashions for her in fall colors (the month of March being when Australians consider their Autumn decor).
--you can read more details of that project here--





Anyway, she recently contacted me again and wanted a similar set done in Spring colors.

And she asked would I please include these fabrics (pictured at left) from the Kaffe Fassett Spring 2014 collection?

Yeah.  It's a tough job, but SOMEONE'S gotta do it.

(Kaffe fans:  the fabrics pictured are Sun Yellow, Quarry Gloxinias, Bekah Orange, and Bekah Plum. I found them all at Fabric.com)




To get the scrappy look that she likes, I also pulled these fabrics from my own stash. . .












. . . and started slicing away.










One table runner top is complete.













plus a set of coasters.












There will be 1 more runner plus a set of 4 placemats to complete this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment