I do think it looks fantastic in this room, and the colors really pop against the brick red paint.
This room does not get a lot of sunlight, so not only does the quilt brighten it up, I don't think fading will be an issue.
This pretty curtain rod looks nice with it, and came with hanging hardware, so installation was quick and easy.
If you missed how this incredible piece of art came to hang in my home, see this post and this post.In the meantime, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful quilters who contributed to this quilt:
- Martina from Germany, Stufen Zum Gericht
- Darlene from Missouri, Dar's Patchwork Garden
- Janet from the Yukon Territory, Canada
- Michi from Austria, Michimachtdas
- Carolyn from Wisconsin
- Kym from the USA, Fabric Fascination
- Susan from Kansas
- Tina from Rhode Island, Seaside Stitches
- Carol from Michigan
- Helen from New Zealand
- Kim from New York, Pokeytown Kim
- Karen from Connecticut, Selvage BlogAnd of course, big hugs and a huge thank you to Quilter #12, the awesome Karen of Selvage Blog fame, who did all the work in putting this thing together. I still can't believe it's mine!You can read the history of this quilt in these posts from The Selvage Blog: