Thursday, March 28, 2013

A few more blocks

Due to the happy and lucky collision of A Custom Order and A Quilt I've Been Dying to Make, I have been working on my own version of The Scrappy Trip Along, which will be a retirement gift for my customer's husband.



So far so good!

It's being constructed largely out of men's button-down shirts supplied by my customer, but for color and interest I'm adding my own strips as well.

That clock fabric seems really appropriate for someone who's retiring!


The challenge is to make it bright and interesting but not too girly.  It is, after all, a gift for a man.







This quilt is going to go on a queen size bed with a pillow top mattress, so I'm planning a BIG quilt of 72 blocks-- 8 blocks across and 9 blocks down, measuring approximately 96 x 108.

7 blocks down, 65 to go!  (Luckily, the retirement party isn't until the fall)

The free pattern for this quilt is here

There are many beautiful examples on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment