Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's so July

It's Just So July right now.

Quiet schedule.  Check

Steamy, hot and humid weather.  Check

This week

Thunderstorm
  • Friday
  • Hi 88° Lo 73°
  • Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm
  • Saturday
  • Hi 91° Lo 79°
  • Thunderstorm
Chance of a Thunderstorm
  • Sunday
  • Hi 88° Lo 73°
  • Chance of a Thunderstorm
Chance of a Thunderstorm
  • Monday
  • Hi 90° Lo 75°
  • Chance of a Thunderstorm













.



So obviously it's time for some Christmas quilting!

I always try to get ready for the Holiday Rush around this time of year, and it always feels a little bizarre.  But I'll be glad around November if I spend a little time now getting ready.

One of the summer goals that I mentioned in this post from the end of May was that I wanted to make a Christmas quilt.

 
This stack of holiday fabrics was many years accumulation, and it was all in odd sizes-- 1/4 yards, 1/3 yards, long strips, various odds and ends.











I think they're all going to get along nicely in this stars and blocks quilt.

I'll post more pictures when the top is completed.

1 comment:

  1. You are having the same weather as here in southwestern Ontario. Actually we are having a thunderstorm with tornado warnings right now. I think I'll sew!

    ReplyDelete