Wednesday, July 6, 2016

New Fabric and Summer Musings

I had a weak moment and succumbed to a fabric collection I've been eyeballing for awhile:

It's 1/2 yard pieces of the "Type" collection from Windham Fabrics.

I bought it at JAQS fabric on Etsy (here) but I think it's still pretty easy to find at quilt shops and other online stores.


I love the cool retro/geeky look!












As soon as I opened the package I started digging around in my stash for some coordinates.  Florals won't work for this project, but I found several geometric and semi-solid prints that I think will work just fine.

I'm planning on a large block, modern lap quilt that will really show off those fun prints.  (Final pattern choice TBA)












Also, some nesting in my newly-purchased home (see this post to catch up).


When I first moved here I bought these 2 bar stools at a consignment store.  They're super comfortable but that beige microfiber seat cover was blah at best.

That black and white dandelion upholstery fabric (on sale at Joann's) is a vast improvement!  And there was no fancy process here-- I just unscrewed the cushions from the base, stapled the new fabric over the existing cushion, and reattached it to the chair.









I wanted to make new pillows for my sofa and incredibly, these are my very first envelope-style pillows.  I used this tutorial  and yes, they're just as easy to make as everyone says they are.  Where have these been all my life?





I've been wanting to expand my knitting skills for a couple of years so I've been taking classes at the Dunedin Fine Arts Center (here) which has been a blast.  I'll post pictures of projects as they are completed-- but I'm thrilled to be moving Beyond The Scarf.  I've also been going to yoga classes, volunteering at Trinity Cafe (providing meals to homeless and food-insecure individuals in our community), creating for my Etsy store, and just in general staying very, very busy.   Orchestra work starts up again in mid-September so I'm trying to get as much done before then as possible!








No comments:

Post a Comment