Sunday, May 5, 2013

Play Time

This morning I was consumed by the urge not only to sew but to take a break from All Scheduled Projects and do something completely spontaneous.

I love half square triangles and haven't done anything with them in a long time, so I decided to cut some out and just see what evolved.

 I used the 4 1/2" HST cutter for the Accuquilt Go.


Fabrics used were leftovers from this quilt and this quilt









The triangles come out of the cutter already finished-- no pesky dog ears to deal with, and no trimming needed after sewing them together.
A pinwheel design starts to emerge.












Oops.  I did say "pinwheel design, right"?

Seam ripper to the rescue!










That's better!












A table runner starts to emerge.













Now that's what I call a Fun Sunday Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment